Wednesday 28 September 2016

There is no sādhu except Prabhupāda.

Dr. Patel: I feel some sort of attachment to you. That is why I come.
Prabhupāda: We don't pay you any fees, but why you come here?
Dr. Patel: That I don't know. (laughter)
Prabhupāda: What do you charge when you go outside?
Dr. Patel: I charge, by night, hundred rupees, and day, sixty, fifty, sixty rupees, not much. I don't charge much here. Bombay people charge double than me. You mean you want to charge me? (laughter)
Prabhupāda: No, no. Hare Kṛṣṇa. No, I mean to say, you are a professional man, you charge, but why do you come here free unless you have in mind?
Dr. Patel: I don't understand why I am attracted to you specially. I don't understand. I very much thinking, I have been thinking about it. There must be some pūrva-janma. We may be relatives. I don't know. No sādhu has been able to attract me as much as you have. Not even temples have attracted me, to tell the truth.
Yaśomatīnandana: There is no sādhu except Prabhupāda.
Prabhupāda: Hare Kṛṣṇa. [break] 

Morning Walk -- November 20, 1975, Bombay

No comments:

Post a Comment