Tuesday 26 July 2016

To Vote or Not To Vote ?


Interviewer: Do you think most of the Hare Krishna members will participate in the election in November? Do you think they will register and vote?
Prabhupada: Personally I never give votes.
Interviewer: Will they follow your example and not vote?
Prabhupada: I do not know, but our principle is that I vote for this man or that man if there is some spiritual benefit. That is our point. (Interview with the religion editor of the Associated Press in New York, 16 July 1976)
I have never given vote. Since we have got this sva-raj, Indian independence, as soon as the vote question comes up, I go away. I think, “Why shall I give this nonsense person my vote? None of them are liked by me.” So I avoid it. I don’t believe in it.

(Room Conversation in Bombay, 8 January 1977)

1 comment:

  1. The above quote from 1976 was intentionally twisted by some self-motivated rascal. Here's proof:

    http://causelessmercy.com/a/?PL=More&SB=2&AK=iA&T=1449&SM=1&QM=1&NSP=1&FS=1&CS=6

    ReplyDelete