Tuesday 4 August 2015

Devotees are parasites?


Devotee: They're always saying that the devotees are parasites. Everyone is always saying that the sadhus...

Prabhupada: That we have already answered. Just the Rockefeller. He may be also called parasite.

Devotee: He is.


Prabhupada: But he has got enough money to engage you to work for me. "You work; I enjoy." Devotees are so clever that you collect money... Just like our Krsna dasa collected money by doing hard work and gave me a check. Why shall I work? (laughter) I am so intelligent, I have created an organization-check is coming without my work. So who is intelligent? Why shall I work?


Bahulasva: Better to just chant and dance.


Prabhupada: Yes.


Bahulasva: That is why they become mad because they become envious that we are chanting and dancing. They are working very hard.


Paramahamsa: They won't join.


Prabhupada: Yes, they asked in Los Angeles that "How is that? You do not work and you are living so comfortably?" They are envious. And the greatest economist, Professor Marshall, he has said that if man gets money, automatically he will not work. That is the basic prin... Therefore they are creating daily new invention.



Morning Walk -- July 17, 1975, San Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment